Samen met mijn beste vriendin Mirjam hadden we deze vragen verzonnen om aan David Blake te vragen en hij was zo aardig om ze allemaal te beantwoorden voor ons. Nogmaals David, heel erg bedankt voor dat!
Het verhaal: Bekroonde architect Mckenzie Morgan gaat een schitterende toekomst tegemoet zolang hij maar in reine met zijn traumatisch verleden kan komen.
Brett Climo als McKenzie Morgan, in the David Blake film, Lost and Found, uitgekomen in 2006
Questions about his career:
- How did you end up in the film industry?
I'm not really in the industry as such. with independent film you're very much on the outer, and you have to set up your own relationships as you go.
- I've understand that the movie "Lost and Found" is going to be your debut. Is this right?
Debut feature - I've done a few shorts over the last 5 years or so.
- Could you tell us a little bit more what that movie is about?
It's about the human condition - in all its forms.
- Where is the movie been shot?
In and around Melbourne
- On what location?
Lot's of different locations.
- And is it all filmed outside or inside a studio as well?
No studio, all locations.
- Did you do the casting of the actors yourself or did you let someone else do this?
I cast the main roles, and I had a casting director (Lea Zilberman) assist with the support roles - but I auditioned every single player that ended up on screen.
- Was it your own choice that Brett got the main lead? So yes, why was that?
Yes it was. and he is and was and always will be bloody sensational
- How was it to work with Brett Climo and all the other actors?
It was a great experience.
- Could you tell us a nice anecdote about Brett or a nice habit of him?
Brett is a true gentleman - nothing was too much trouble and he gave 200% all the time.
- What movie would you have loved to have directed?
The one I'm now writing
- What movie did you find horrible?
Eyes wide shut
- How do you find it to go to the première of your own movie?
Yet to happen (but I won't watch it I don't think)
- What will be your next project or movie?
Watch this space...
- What's your age?
- Are you married?
- Do you have children?
2 beautiful boys
- Could I have a picture of you to place it on the site?
I'm an ugly mug!!! (Since I have the original dvd of the movie I could make a screen cap of him from the behind the scenes, don't think he was right with his answer but judge for yourself.)
- For what can we wake you up in the middle of the night?
- How popular is the cinema in Australia?
- Is the press critical in Australia?
- And how determined is that for your movie?
Bad reviews will not be good for the box office
- Did you ever had ambitions to act as well?
- Do you enjoy the attention?
Not really - but I'll do what ever it takes to get the film noticed.
- In the Netherlands we are not so prudish and in Dutch movies you often see sex in it and now we are wondering what do you think about that? And how is that in Australia?
I think sex in movies is way over done - and used incorrectly mostly.
- What do you know and think about the Netherlands?
Love to visit
- If we come to Australia in a year or so, are we welcome to drop by for a cup of tea or can we invite you to have diner with the two of us?
- And could you give us a tour around your office as well?
- Is there a question you would like to ask us?
Not at the moment.
Met toestemming van de director David Blake heb ik een videoclip gemaakt van de film Lost and Found. En dit was het commentaar van David Blake nadat hij de clip had gezien:
":-)... i LOVE it. Every bit!! go for it girl :-)..."
Klik hier om gelijk naar de video clip te gaan.